Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Friends and drama

It's starting already...

The girls being mean to each other. I hate it! I hated it when I was going through it and I hate it now, for Carlee! And she just puts up with it.
The other night Carlee asked if 3 girls could stay the night. I said they could and that she can't invite a 4th girl because then that would make 5 altogether and I didn't want an odd number of them. Well at the last minute one of the girls couldn't spend the night. This meant that there would be 3. We all know 3's a crowd!!!
Late that night when I finally told the girls they had to go to sleep they happened to be trying to sleep in the love sack. I guess one or both of the girls told Carlee that they couldn't sleep with more than 2 people and so Carlee had to sleep in another room. Cade had fallen asleep on the couch and I was in his room talking on the phone. Carlee came in and said I needed to go out so she could sleep in there. I asked her why and she told me what had happened. I was MAD! Don't come to my house and treat my daughter like crap. That is such BS. So I went in and probably said more than I should have (I apologized later) but I wanted these girls to know that I don't put up with that kind of crap. The one girl IMMEDIATELY apologized to Carlee, before I had even had a chance to say much. I couldn't believe they had the audacity to kick her out of her own slumber party. I was 9 once, I guess I should believe it! The next morning the one girl said to Carlee, "I feel uncomfortable around your mom." And she should! I should probably have been more of a teacher but the mom in me got upset. It was a lesson learned for all of us. And I still can't believe Carlee was gonna just roll with it and sleep in the other room because these girls "could only sleep with one other person with them". What a load of crap. They both later admitted that they did not have a problem sleeping with 1, 2 or more people. I told them they could all 3 sleep in Cade's queen bed or I would move Cade and they could all sleep on the couch. They chose the couch.


Carlee had asked about doing some cheer classes. I had countered by asking her if she wanted to try softball (when Cade was in Tee ball she begged for her own glove and always wanted to know when softball was starting because she wanted to try it). Last weekend Grandpa Ron and Grandma Joann were here and Grandma asked her if she was doing any extracurricular things right now. She told her about chorus and then I said something about her possibly starting cheer. Grandma told her to watch out because there is a lot of drama with cheerleaders. So yesterday I was asking Carlee if we were gonna sign her up for cheer or softball or neither. She said she didn't want to do cheer. I was very surprised. She told me she doesn't like girl drama and Grandma told her there was lots of drama with cheer so she didn't want to be a part of that. I am glad that she listened and also that she knew she didn't want to have to deal with the drama so she forfeited cheer even though she really does enjoy doing it.

2 comments:

Tricia Williams said...

Cheer is a ton of fun and really build their self esteem. Rylee loves it. She doesn't do the competitions anymore just the practices.

Carlee Rose said...

Hi, I don't know you but my name is Carlee Rose too!!! My blogspot is carlee-rose.blogspot.com, and accidently got your blog. It is so fun to find someone with my own name. My name is Carlee Rose, I live in a small town in Utah, I have three little kids. I am working on my masters degree in Educational Technology, I mainly use my blog for working on my masters degree, I finish this spring, then I hope to make a cute blog like yours about my little family!!

You probably did not want a life history, sorry. Just happy to have a friend with my own name. Have a great day, and I love your name!!