CARLEE ROSE
When I was pregnant with Carlee I liked the names Brooklyn, Ashlyn, and Madalyn(one of my best friends' middle name is Lyn); I also liked Madisyn, Julia, Lyla and Alexa. Will liked the names Heather, Amanda, and Jessica (all names of his previous girlfriends- go figure!). My mom suggested Carly and we both liked it a lot. We pictured a cute, little, curly-haired blond girl prancing around. I wrote all the different spellings: Carly, Carlie, Carli, Carley, and Carlee. We finally decided to spell it 'Carlee' - after my mom, her middle name is 'Lee'. Plus I wanted something just a tad different. I had a few people tell me they knew many little girls with that name but I mostly have heard 'Kaylie' and 'Kylie'. Carlee's middle name is a family name. It is Rose. My great grandma's name is Rosario (from Spain) and we always called her Grandma Rosie. She had the funnest spanish accent, not the spanish accents we are used to from those from Mexico, a real spanish accent straight from Spain; and she always said, "Yes, My Love" when talking to any of us kids. My younger sister, Tricia, is named after her as well- her middle name is Rose. So I guess we decided to go with the family name for the middle name.
No comments:
Post a Comment