
I thought I had previously blogged about this but just found that I hadn't.
The entire 3rd grade at Carlee's school had a Veteran's Day program that they prepared and practiced for and then they performed it for their families one evening. Each class was assigned a different branch of the military. They made their own costumes to fit according to their branch. Carlee's class was the Navy. She told us she wanted "the Army so bad because I wanted to represent Daddy since he was in the Army before I was born." She was able to have a poster board full of pictures from when Will was in the Army and it was displayed at the front of the cafeteria for all to see when they first walked in. She was proud of herself and we were proud of her as well. She did so great and we really enjoyed her performance.
On the way home Will and I were able to talk to her a little bit about our country and express to her how extremely grateful we are that we live in a wonderful country where we are free to choose what church we go to, how we dress, where we go, etc. It was good communication. We all felt good to talk about these things.... (
Until Cade piped in and said his country didn't let him stay home from Carlee's boring program. That's Cade for ya!)
Carlee and her good friend Lilly


1 comment:
Wow--Carlee has changed so much. She is such a big girl now. I can't believe she is 8--and got baptized. What a sweet story that was-"I'm just so happy." So cute. I miss her walking into our house and just hanging out. She would always want something to eat. How funny. Love you Carlee.
Post a Comment